Sunday, March 21, 2010


Day 6
Our hotel comes with a Western breakfast. Yumm! I ate an entire bowl full of Lychee fruits. So delicious! There were donuts with REAL chocolate topping. I could have eating 20 of them. But best of all, I had scrambled eggs and bacon! From breakfast we were picked up by our friends and headed out towards an area on the outskirts of town 
that is not as developed yet. It's called Super University. They build two major schools just for students in the
 middle of nowhere. So we pretended we were students and rode around the campus on bikes. After that we
 went shopping at a market in town. I picked up a couple fancy umbrellas to use for photoshoots. So pretty. David and I also got dressed up in traditional wedding attire and had our pictures taken. Horrible looking backgrounds, but cool dresses! Yep, this was my favorite part of the day :). Then we went to the part of town in which David lived for his year stint here. He pointed up at his apt. window for me to see, and took us to a resturaunt he used to frequent. Everyone has been telling me to check out the stationary here. I thought it would be great to see what kind of designs they like.... nothing like 'stationary' to our standards. Basically a journal book with random drawings and really bad english sayings. Funny. I still bought 3 of them. After all the shopping adentures we headed out to the
 'river' which is more like a stream now. Huge drought here. But we took a boat ride up
 and down the river to look at the city lights. Plenty of city lights for about 10 minutes amusement. And a couple fun pictures. By the time we made it back to 'land' we were exhausted. Love coming back to a clean room though! Too bad the air conditioning doesn't work and the temp is stuck at 26.5 Celsius. What's that in Farenheight? Here is our fancy hotel room robes :).

No comments: