Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 4
This morning we went out the square and to a nice park and did some family pictures. We drew crowds of people as onlookers, as, it must appear very strange for a foreigner to be taking pictures of
a family there. From there we headed to a whole in the wall (literally) lunch spot. Homemade noodles, made right in front of you. They were the best noodles I have ever tasted. After that we went in
search of some silk. Found some neat purses and robes and jackets at several different markets. I also picked up some cool paintbrushes. More authentic food for dinner. Spicy spicy spicy. I did
recognize one dish! Kung Pao Chicken. Yumm. We ended the evenning with a Chinese Opera, which isn't the opera we know
of, it's more of a variety show. A fun cultural lesson of sorts. I am
surprised I made it through thte entire thing with out falling asleep! It ended at 9:30, which, is 30 minutes past the time I hit a wal
l, here. Oh, I must also mention, this was the first time I had to
use a 'squatty'. It wasn't so bad, minus the smell and puddles where you stand.When we got home we had to quickly packa bag for the mornings trip to another town to visit some more of David's friends.
Below is a picture of one of my finds of the day, a silk jacket. Also, me falling asleep in it and David packing the bag.

No comments: